1. Working with top buttons:
- Import : import files or folders from local disks.
- Download all covers: Download artwork for all files in Library fromlastfm.com
- Restore All: Reload all tags of all files from local files, ignore all changes
- Save All: Save all tags of all files in Library
- Important: If you want to batch editing of tags, check the “Apply to all” check box beside each tag, And then Click “Save All”.
2. Working with Library operations
- Import files all folders to Library.
- Remove selected files in the Library.
- Clear all files in Library.
- Reveal selected file in Finder.
- Quick look selected file.
- Move up selected file.
- Move down selected file.
- File status : green: Clean red: Edited or dirty Warn: File not exist.
- # : The index of the file in Library.
- File name.
- Artist of the file.
3. Download artworks
- Switch to “Artwork” tab of edit panel.
- Click “Download Artwork” at bottom to download artwork for current file, Click “Download all covers” on top to download artworks for all files.
Important: If you find out the “Download Artwork” button is disabled, You may want to check if the “Artist” and ”Album” is available, if not, just fill the field in “Tag Info” to tell app how to download artwork.
4. How to manipulate Track Number of music files
Choose AutoIncrease to Auto calculate the Track number of files In Library. This can help easily edit the track number of files. When you want to rename files with edited track number. You can choose “Track number” option of rename tab which I will explain later. Or you can also edit it by hand.
5. Batch rename files in Library
The checkbox is telling App that weather to remove APE Tags or ID3v1 Tags that already exist in MP3 files.
Using Music Tag Editor as Rename tool can require to set access permission to paths when running sandboxed app under OSX.
Why we need trusted paths
Starting from OSX Lion applications run in the so called sandbox that is an isolated and secure environment.
Applications accessing to file system (reading file, listing a folder) need explicitly that user gives permission to application.
User gives his permission to access to a file (or folder) selecting it from a file panel or dragging path to application.
Music Tag Editor prompts a file panel when it can’t access to a file due to permission error, after user selection the path is stored as trusted so next time it isn’t necessary to re-prompt.
Use trusted paths
When rename files in Library, the app need to access the parent folder of file, it may failed to rename file when the app do not has permission to access the folder. Trusted paths resolve this problem, applications save files always on their own specific temporary folders.